Japanese Cooking Class w/ Chef Kibby
Saturday, August 17, 2019
DEC Training Center, 565 Metro Place S, Dublin, OH 43017
Mexican, Italian, Chinese, Greek - many international culinary styles have been embraced and adopted by home cooks here in the States. What's next?
Many say it's Japanese cuisine, and in this geographic area (close to the campus of a massive Japanese auto maker employing over 15,000 local residents) that trend is making its mark.
In this session on the subject, Chef Kibby will share his first-hand knowledge and experience as you become even more comfortable cooking authentic Japanese cuisine at home.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Hear personal stories from Chef Kibby about his experiences visiting Japan and cooking authentic Japanese cuisine
- See ingredients used in Japanese food that are now readily available at the local supermarket
- Experience how familiar American staples like ground beef, fried vegetables, and fresh strawberries can be prepared with a Japanese twist
WHAT YOU'LL MAKE
Work collaboratively with a team to produce:
- Kushikatsu Vegetables with Dipping Sauce
- Hambagu (Japanese Meatloaf) with Rice
- Nasu Miso (Braised Eggplant)
- Ichigo Daifuku (Strawberry Mochi)
JASCO Members - $30
Non-members - $40
All equipment and cooking supplies will be provided
About Chef Kibby
Chef Kibby's is to entertain, educate, and empower people from various walks of life to prepare healthy, delicious, home-made meals. He does so through informative online content and their participation in hands-on kitchen sessions.
Through his company Cookin' With Kibby, he offers catering, cooking demos, and group sessions in a wide variety of cuisines. He is particularly adept at Japanese cuisine, having previously served as Lead production chef and sous chef at the Honda Heritage Center in Marysville, and offers several classes in Japanese Cuisine