Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Goken America is an Engineering Services and Product Development company founded in 2004. At Goken America we strive to expand and deliver upon our company motto of “Creating Something Different”. We are continually striving to strengthen our organization, and are always seeking talented individuals who have a strong desire to work in an environment where they can make a difference.
Our “Vision” is to empower our associates to affect change wherever change is needed. Our “Mission” is that in building trust we foster greatness is our people, excellence in our clients and impact in our communities.
Goken America provides an excellent benefits package, one month of paid time off per year and a very competitive compensation plan. In addition, when applicable, we will also provide relocation assistance, temporary housing, visa support and other fringe benefits.
- Provide accurate simultaneous interpretation (equipment provided) for meetings during any hours required and accurately and quickly translate written documents as needed.
- As an interpreter, it is critical that both your Japanese and English be smooth and easy to understand. You will likely be assigned to either morning shift or evening shift, which will almost always mean that you will do one or two videoconferences for about 2 to 3 hours by yourself each morning or night.
- Your hours will likely be irregular in order to meet the demands of the team. That means some days will be short and some will be long. For most weeks, though, the goal will be to keep you from going over 40 hours for the whole week. While travel is usually not common, there may be times when you will need to visit suppliers, etc.
- For most meetings during the day, you will be combined with another interpreter. As such, you will need to be a good team player in working with whoever you are paired with. However, when it is very busy, you might have to interpret on your own for long periods of time.
- 5 years of Japanese/English Simultaneous Interpreter (both directions: Japanese to English and English to Japanese)
- Automotive industry experience
Goken America is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.