JASCO is currently seeking applications for the Director of Programming position. The successful candidate for this part-time position should have experience in program development and outreach, a strong understanding of both and Japanese (with speaking and writing skills in both), and an interest in helping to promote goodwill through the sharing of knowledge about Japan.
To administer the programming of the Japan-America Society of Central Ohio, and to assist the Executive Director as needed with organization and communication.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In consultation with the Executive Director and Programming Committee, plan and execute JASCO’s events, programs, and seminars, including:
- Culture Club (monthly)
- Japanese Language Classes (quarterly 10-week sessions)
- Japanese Speech Contest (March)
- Anniversary Reception (April)
- Asian Festival (May)
- Golf Outing (June
- Economic Business Seminar (October)
- Organize and supervise volunteers for JASCO events
- In coordination with JASCO’s Treasurer, manage and budget programming-related finances
- Assist the Executive Director with marketing, membership, and administrative tasks, including:
- Making bank deposits
- Purchasing office and event supplies
- Updating JASCO’s website and Social Media with upcoming events and news
- Be an effective advocate of JASCO's mission
- Experience in program development and outreach
- Experience in event planning is a plus
- Strong understanding of both English and Japanese, with speaking and writing skills in both languages
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive, OneNote and PowerPoint)
- Experience in designing event promotional materials is a plus
- Experience with web-based CMS systems is a plus
The JASCO office is in the Dublin Entrepreneurial Center at 565 Metro Place South, Suite 300, Dublin, OH 43017.
In addition to working at the office, you will be required to travel to various event locations across Central Ohio.
The hourly wage for this position is $14.75 per hour.
Minimum of 20 hours per week
Upon submittal of statements or similar records as JASCO may reasonably request, JASCO will reimburse:
- Purchases made for JASCO office or programming needs
- Up to $30 per month for cell phone expenses related to JASCO
- For mileage driven in your personal automobile at the IRS rate for business travel related to your duties as Director of Programming
Position Start Date
September 1, 2017
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your resume to Benjamin Pachter (JASCO Executive Director), firstname.lastname@example.org.