Goken America is looking for a Japanese/English Translator to be employed at their Japanese parent headquarters in Utsunomiya, Tochigi Prefecture, Japan.
For more information, see this document or read on:
- Speak, read, and write fluently in Japanese and English.
- Convert high-level documents in the source language to the target language.
- Relay the style and tone of the original language.
- Manage work schedule to meet deadlines.
- Perform level II interpretation as needed.
Candidate(s) need to be:
- Proactive to gather information necessary to complete assigned tasks
- Demonstrates technical curiosity.
- Asks questions with own opinion already formulated.
- Demonstrates can-do, will-try attitude.
- Strong communication skill – written and verbal
- Basic understanding of Honda culture and communication style a plus
- Able to translate English to Japanese and vice versa.
- Able to edit in native language.
- Able to translate high-level documents.
- Ability to perform level II interpretation a plus.
- Know how to use Microsoft Office (especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Know how to use machine translation software a plus.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing (DTP) a plus.
- Have effective communication skills.
- Able to work cooperatively with others.
- Able and eager to quickly learn.
- Able to take higher level requests and ideas to completion independently.
- BA or MA in Foreign Language, Linguistics, Translation, Interpreting or native in both English and Japanese.
- If a candidate has native level of fluency in both English and Japanese, preferably, he or she has BA in degrees related to automotive, life science, medical, or IT field.
- Language proficiency certification a plus, but not required.
Qualified candidates can forward their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org