Reports To: Senior Manager - Sales
Work Schedule: As needed 8am - 4:30pm
Amount of Travel Required: 30%
FLSA Status: Exempt, Salary
Positions Supervised: Sales Department
YSK is a machining manufacturing facility that is a tier one supplier to the automotive industry.
This individual will work closely with the Japanese Advisor, Senior Manager, Customers, Suppliers, Engineering, Production and Accounting Departments to accomplish the goals and objectives established in the YSK top down business plan for the Sales Department.
This would be accomplished by identifying and building relationships with technology partners; generating sales to meet defined objectives; utilizing existing and establishing relationships with key members of client organizations to maximize account penetration and repeat business; traveling to meet with potential and existing customers and suppliers, identifying new opportunities; collaborating with customers and suppliers to determine and establish requirements; and maintain current industry knowledge on trends to anticipate developments.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Commitment to YSK objectives regarding safety, quality, cost, delivery and management according to the business plan
- Strict adherence to the Environmental, Health and Safety guidelines and policies
- Adhere to the department budget
- Adhere to department training schedule
- Support YSK new model launches
- Manage departmental priorities according to the business plan
- Initiate the acquisition of new business
- Lead cost negotiation with customers and suppliers
- Carry out contract proposals and changes
- Maintain sales forecasts
- Provide customer and supplier liaison and service
- Coordinate the selection and management of raw material, component, and special process supplies with Quality, Production Control, Customers and Suppliers
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers in support of current and new business activities
- Monitor all department activities and identify gaps with support of improvement activities and communicates to department manager.
- Maintain confidentially requirements within YSK as well as with Customers and Suppliers
- Attend shift meetings and others applicable to the position
- 5S (Sort, Set-in-Order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain) your work space and 5S duties as assigned
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Competencies and skills:
- Bilingual: Japanese and English
- Dependability-consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Planning/organizing-prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
- Quality-demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability-adapts to changes in the work environment and deals with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Problem solving-the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills-maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas, exhibits willingness to try new things and teamwork
- Oral communication-speaks clearly and respectfully in positive or negative situations and demonstrates teamwork and group presentation skills
- Written communication-edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data accurately and has ability to read and interpret written information and blue prints
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Four (4) years or more of related experience in the automotive manufacturing
- Financial and Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
- Proven sales success
For more information and to apply, please e-mail Sue Ann Fields, HR/Payroll Staff Administrator, YSK Corp, at email@example.com.